The electronic Bulletin on Constitutional Case-Law (“e-Bulletin") regularly reports on the case-law of constitutional courts and courts with equivalent jurisdiction in Venice Commission member and observer states, including case-law of the European Court of Human Rights, the Court of Justice of the European Union and the Inter-American Court of Human Rights.
The e-Bulletin is sent to liaison officers and to subscribers by e-mail three times a year, each mailing reports on the most important case-law gathered during a four-month period. If you wish to receive the e-Bulletin free of charge, please subscribe by registering here.
Special Bulletins are published in paper form every three years on the topic of the Conference of European Constitutional Courts (CECC) congresses.
All previous Bulletins (from 1993 to 2018) are available here.
The yearly meetings of the Joint Council for Constitutional Justice of the Venice Commission are generally followed by a “mini-conference” on a topic in the field of constitutional justice, chosen by the liaison officers of the participating courts during which they present the relevant case-law of their courts. Since 2015 these presentations are made into electronic brochures:
"Independance of the judiciary, the role of Constitutional Courts" (2019, Rome, Italy)
“Gender, equality and discrimination” (2018, Lausanne, Switzerland)
“Courageous courts: security, xenophobia and fundamental rights” (2017, Karlsruhe, Germany)
“Migration” (2016, Venice, Italy)
“Blasphemy and other limitations on the freedom of expression” (2015, Bucharest, Romania)
The CODICES database (www.codices.coe.int) contains the full text of over 10 000 judgments from over 100 courts mainly in English and in French, but also in other languages, as well as summaries of these judgments (précis) in English and in French.
CODICES also contains the laws on constitutional courts and courts with equivalent jurisdiction and the constitutions of nearly all the Venice Commission member and observer states as well as other information including court descriptions and the Joint Council on Constitutional Justice’s mini-conference reports.
II. Venice Commission's collections
Annual Reports of Activities: 1993 - 2019 (English and French)
The Venice Commission of the Council of Europe - Key facts (English, French)
Information brochure "The Venice Commission of the Council of Europe", 2019 (English, French and Arabic )
- The Venice Commission of the Council of Europe: cooperation with Constitutional Courts, 2017 (English, French, Russian, Spanish)
- The Venice Commission of the Council of Europe - Key Facts, 2016 (Russian)
- Principles on the protection and promotion of the ombudsman institution ("The Venice Principles"), 2019 (English, French, Spanish, Arabic)
- The Rule of Law Checklist (English, French, Arabic, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian*)
- Preventing and responding to the misuse of administrative resources during electoral processes - Joint Guidelines - (English, French, Russian)
- Publications of the Venice Commission of the Council of Europe, 2014
- Code of Good Practice in Electoral Matters, 2015 (English, French, Arabic, Spanish and Russian)
- Main documents of the Venice Commission in the field of elections and political parties (Russian)
- Main reference texts, 2015 (English, French and Arabic)
- UniDem Campus for the Southern Mediterranean countries:
- Compilation of guidelines on fundamental rights, 2015 (English, French, Arabic)
- "Judicial systemes of Central Asia" - (2016, publication in Russian, only the introduction to the publication is in English)
- Revised Statute of the European Commission for Democracy through Law, 2002 (bilingual version)
- "10th anniversary of the Venice Commission – speeches presented at the ceremony to commemorate the Commission’s 10th anniversary", 2000 (English, French)
These publications are available, free of charge, from firstname.lastname@example.org
* Unofficial translation into Ukrainian was supported and published by USAID