89th plenary session of the Venice Commission (Venice) - Political parties in Azerbaijan and Georgia, electoral law and practice in Albania
16/12/2011 - 17/12/2011
The Venice Commission will issue opinions on the legislation of Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, Serbia and Ukraine.
Themes to be addressed include:
• Albania - the electoral law and the electoral practice in Albania requested by the Secretary General of the Council of Europe,
• Armenia - alternative service; legal regime of state of emergency;
• Azerbaijan – political parties;
• Bosnia and Herzegovina - internal affairs of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and internal affairs of the Sarajevo Canton;
• Georgia - the Election Code and legislation on political unions of citizens;
• Serbia – the Constitutional Court;
• Ukraine - principles of the State language policy.
The Venice Commission will issue its opinions on these and other topics at the conclusion of its 89th plenary session in Venice on 16-17 December in the Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista.
All opinions will be published on the Venice Commission website in the course of the week following the session: www.venice.coe.int
The Chair of the Committee of Ministers Deputies UK Ambassador Eleanor Fuller attends the session.
Tatiana Mychelova, External relations officer
Office: +33 (0)3 88 41 3868, mobile +33 6 76 72 04 02
For accreditation please email: firstname.lastname@example.org