Russia - Request for opinion by PACE – five Federal laws
Council of Europe, Strasbourg - The President of the Monitoring Committee of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe Dick Marty submitted to the Venice Commission a decision of the Committee, taken at its meeting on 15 December 2011 in Paris, to ask the Venice Commission for an opinion on five Russian Federal laws:
1. The Federal Law on the FSB
2. The Federal Law on meetings, rallies, marches and pickets
3. The Federal Law on counteraction to extremist activities
4. The Federal Law on political parties
5. The Federal Law on election of the deputies of the State Duma.
The Commission plans to adopt opinions on these laws at its next plenary session in March 2012.