26/06/2014 - 27/06/2014
Batumi - Upon invitation by the Constitutional Court of Georgia, the Venice Commission's Joint Council on Constitutional Justice held its 13th meeting in Batumi, which was opened and chaired by the President of the Constitutional Court of Georgia.
The Joint Council:
• elected Ms Kovacs (Constitutional Court of Hungary) as its co-president in respect of the liaison officers;
• held exchanges of views with representatives of the regional and linguistic groups co-operating with the Venice Commission and was informed about this co-operation;
• was informed about the progress of the preparation of the 3rd Congress of the World Conference on Constitutional Justice;
• invited the liaison officers to contribute to the exchanges in the Venice Forum;
• was informed about the Constitutional Justice Observatory;
• was informed about activities and adopted opinions of the Venice Commission in the field of the constitutional and ordinary judiciary;
• was informed about participation in and co-organisation of conferences and seminars in co-operation with Constitutional Courts and equivalent bodies (CoCoSem);
• adopted version 22 of the Systemic Thesaurus used in the CODICES database;
• held a mini-conference on the topic “The role of Constitutional Courts in economic crises”.