06/09/2017 - 07/09/2017
Kyiv – A delegation of the Venice Commission met with the Ukrainian authorities and other stakeholders in the framework of the preparation of the Opinion on compliance with the Council of Europe standards of the draft laws on anti-corruption courts and on the specialisation of judges for corruption-related offences.
The delegation’s composition was as follows:
• Ms Aurela Anastas, Member, Albania,
• Mr George Papuashvili, former member, Georgia,
• Mr James Hamilton, former member, Ireland,
• Mr Thomas Markert, Director, Secretary of the Venice Commission,
• Mr Janssen Michael, Legal officer, Secretariat.
The request for the opinion came from the Speaker of the Parliament Mr Paruby on 20 July 2017. The draft opinion is on the agenda of the October 2017 plenary session of the Venice Commission.