20/11/2019 - 21/11/2019
Warsaw – A representative of the Venice Commission participated in the 14th annual Implementation Meeting of the Declaration of Principles for International Election Observation. The event was organised by the OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR).
The meeting hosted a High Level Panel on new trends in elections and how to observe them, followed by six thematic sessions focusing on:
• the follow up to electoral recommendations,
• citizen observation of elections,
• the use of technology in elections,
• the role of social media,
• electoral justice and
• the electoral participation of people with disabilities.