20/09/2021 - 21/09/2021
Kyiv – in the framework of the preparation of the draft opinion on the draft law No 5844 “On the Principles of State Policy of the Transition Period”, a delegation of the Venice Commission met with interlocutors and representatives of the following institutions:
• Permanent Representative of the President of Ukraine in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea;
• Deputy Prime-Minister/Minister for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine;
• Parliamentary Committee on Human Rights, Deoccupation and Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories in Donetsk, Luhansk Oblasts and the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, the city of Sevastopol, national minorities and interethnic relations;
• Parliamentary Committee of Legal Policy;
• MPs – members of inter-faction groups “Crimean Platform” and “National Platform for Reconciliation and Unity”;
• Prosecutor General’s Office;
• Supreme Court and
The delegation also held meetings with representatives of international organisations and civil society.
The draft opinion will be presented for adoption at the 128th plenary session of the Venice Commission (15-16.10.2021).
This opinion is prepared under the Quick response Mechanism in the framework of the EU/CoE joint programme Partnership for Good Governance, co-funded by the Council of Europe and the European Union and implemented by the Council of Europe.