In the framework of the preparation of the urgent opinion on the Draft Law on the Amendments to the Criminal Procedure Code of Georgia adopted by the Parliament of Georgia on 7 June 2022, a delegation of the Venice Commission met online on 19, 26 and 28 July 2022 with the representatives of the following interlocutors:
• the Administration of the President of Georgia
• the Parliament of the Republic of Georgia (the parliamentary majority and opposition)
• the Supreme Court of Georgia
• the Office of the Prosecutor General
• the Personal Data Protection Service
• the Public Defender’s Office
• the National Bar Association
• the international partners of Georgia
• the civil society
The urgent opinion will be issued in due course and submitted for endorsement at the October 2022 plenary session.
The opinion is prepared under the Quick response Mechanism in the framework of the EU/CoE joint programme Partnership for Good Governance, co-funded by the Council of Europe and the European Union and implemented by the Council of Europe.